Livonia, MI, USA
Exa Corporation seeks Senior Field Aerodynamics Application Engineers to support North American automotive customers in their deployment of Exa’s advanced PowerFLOW software solutions, and perform multi-discipline engineering services projects in the areas of aerodynamics, thermal management and aeroacoustics. This position offers you the opportunity to apply PowerFLOW’s innovation to real world engineering challenges, interact with clients and support meeting their performance goals. You will be a key engineering consultant providing expertise with simulation tools and delivering engineering based design recommendations. Exa is a customer driven company that requires dedicated entrepreneurial individuals with the talent and flexibility to accomplish its aggressive goals. If you are an ambitious team player with keen technical skills and a desire to continue learning new technologies, while working in a fast paced environment, this may be the place for you!
The Senior Field Aerodynamics Application Engineer position provides an excellent foundation for rewarding work and significant career advancement. Senior career tracks can include:
• Technical Specialist: Aerodynamics, Thermal Management, Aeroacoustics
• Account Management: Technical Account Manager or Sales Executive
• Technical & Marketing Management: Application Management, Product Management
As a Senior Field Aerodynamics Application Engineer, you are a member of the field office, located in Livonia, MI. You will report directly to a regional technical manager and must be customer focused, very responsive, able to develop a strong level of trust with customers and know how to add value in a high level technical customer support situation. Strong communication and organizational skills as well as demonstrated team and project management skills are essential. The ability to work on and manage multiple customer projects quickly and efficiently, using Exa’s PowerFLOW software suite and internal resources, is very important. Your main responsibilities will be leading the delivery of customer services projects and providing pre-sales support to the sales team. Other duties will include: pre-processing, administering and post-processing of customer benchmark cases, and some post-sales customer support.
• MS or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Solid knowledge of fundamental fluid mechanics a must.
• 2 - 5 years experience in automotive or commercial vehicle product development using analysis or testing to guide product design.
• Experience in automotive/motorsport aerodynamics and/or aeroacoustics preferred.
• Experience using commercial Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) codes preferred.
• Familiarity with CAD/CAE applications and geometry processing.
• Familiarity with UNIX environment and scripting.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment; strong desire to learn as well as teach and guide.
• Demonstrated team orientation and project management skills. Comfortable with direct customer interaction and working in a team.
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong English written/verbal communication skills; good presentation skills.
• Professional presentation and effective customer management skills.
• Willingness to travel in the Metro Detroit area when required.
Exa offers competitive compensation, stock options and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays, and flexible work schedule.
TO APPLY: For immediate consideration, please send your resume with job title Senior Field AA Engineer in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
38777 Six Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48152
Key Words: CFD, CAE, CAD, UNIX, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, computational fluid mechanics, scripting, automotive, motorsport, aerodynamics, aeroacoustics, geometry processing, meshing, acoustics, computer aided engineering, geometry, product design, experiments, wind tunnel, analysis, NVH, climate control, HVAC, automotive, OEM, supplier, numerical simulation, modeling.
Please No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants
How to apply:
Please apply by contacting us at the email address listed in the job description.
Attach your CV or resume to your email and it will be submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Feel free to apply for multiple positions if you are interested and qualified.
Thank you for your interest in Exa Corporation!