Boston, MA & Livonia, MI, USA
Exa Corporation continues our rapid growth and is actively hiring senior level engineers to join our expanding team to support Fortune 500 customers in the ground transportation, construction and agricultural equipment industries. We are particularly interested in candidates that have the drive and ability to work directly with major OEM customers and develop design solutions to solve challenging aeroacoustics, aerodynamics, and thermal problems using Exa’s industry-leading simulation software. Customer projects will focus on aeroacoustics noise reduction, under-hood thermal management, and improving passenger comfort.
Exa Corporation seeks a Senior Application Engineer with a background in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) or aeroacoustics testing/analysis. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of industry experience in NVH/aeroacoustics testing and analysis methods, with expertise in applicable noise regulations and testing standards. This position provides an excellent foundation for rewarding work and significant career advancement. Career tracks include:
• Technical Specialist: Aeroacoustics, Aerodynamics, Thermal Management
• Account Management: Technical Account Manager or Sales Executive
• Technical & Marketing Management: Application Management, Product Management
As a Senior Application Engineer on the Heavy Vehicle North America team you will have the opportunity to develop your technical and client management skills for a successful career at Exa. Primary responsibilities include:
• Technical Consulting: Lead major projects and interact closely with Exa’s customers to solve challenging multi-disciplinary design problems using Exa’s PowerFLOW software solutions. Provide analysis allowing customers to optimize vehicle/machine design to meet airflow, noise, and thermal requirements.
• Pre-Sales Support: Work cooperatively with the technical and sales team on advanced “Proof-of-Concept” projects to demonstrate value, build confidence, and increase demand for Exa’s simulations.
• Customer Support: Provide training expertise/consultation and use of best practices for heavy vehicle applications to support customers, while taking responsibility for critical business follow through to Exa’s product and application management teams.
• MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent with a focus in aeroacoustics preferred
• 3+ Years industry experience in NVH or aeroacoustics testing/analysis preferred
• Familiarity with noise regulations and test standards in applicable industry a plus
• Able to deliver consistent high quality technical work with attention to detail
• Solid knowledge of fluid dynamics and aeroacoustics fundamentals
• Demonstrated team orientation and project management skills
• Outstanding English communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills; able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
• Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Willingness to travel (up to 25% domestic).
Additional Skills and Experience (Optional):
• Experience with Computational aeroacoustics methods and implementations
• Experience with UNIX operating systems, scripting programming and programming languages (ex. such as Python, and MATLAB)
• Experience with Commercial CFD (computational fluid dynamics) software
• Experience with Optimization methods and Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Experience with common CAD (Computer Aided Design) or Geometry Tools is a plus.
• Familiarity with other CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) applications
Exa offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Senior Application Engineers are eligible for a full base salary and additional variable compensation based on team and territory revenue performance. Benefits include company stock, comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: Senior Application Engineer – NVH/Acoustics Specialist in the Subject line.
55 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Key Words: Computational fluid dynamics, CFD, Heat transfer, Numerical analysis, Simulations, CAE, CAD, Meshing, Thermal application development, Automotive HVAC, Fans, Heat exchangers, Cabin comfort, Exhaust, Battery, Electric motors, UNIX, MATLAB/Simulink, Python, Scripting Please No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants
How to apply:
Please apply by contacting us at the email address listed in the job description.
Attach your CV or resume to your email and it will be submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Feel free to apply for multiple positions if you are interested and qualified.
Thank you for your interest in Exa Corporation!