Burlington, MA & Livonia, MI
Exa Corporation (NASDAQ: EXA) continues our rapid growth and is actively hiring senior level engineers to join our expanding team to support Fortune 500 customers in the ground transportation, construction and agricultural equipment industries. We are particularly interested in candidates that have the drive and ability to work directly with major OEM customers and develop design solutions to solve challenging acoustics, aerodynamics, and thermal problems using Exa’s industry-leading simulation software. Customer projects will focus on aero-acoustic noise reduction, under-hood thermal management and improving passenger comfort.
As a Senior Application Engineer on the Heavy Vehicle North American Team you will have the opportunity to develop your technical and client management skills for a successful career at Exa. Primary responsibilities include:
• Technical Consulting: Lead major projects and interact closely with Exa’s customers to solve challenging multi-disciplinary design problems using Exa’s PowerFLOW software solutions. Provide analysis allowing customers to optimize vehicle/machine design to meet airflow, thermal, and noise requirements.
• Pre-Sales Support: Work cooperatively with the technical and sales team on advanced “Proof-of-Concept” projects to demonstrate value, build confidence, and increase demand for Exa’s simulations.
• Customer Support: Provide training expertise/consultation and use of best practices for heavy vehicle applications to support customers, while taking responsibility for critical business follow through to Exa’s product and application management teams.
The Senior Application Engineer position provides an excellent foundation for rewarding work and significant career advancement. Senior career tracks can include:
• Technical Specialist: Aerodynamics, Thermal Management, Aeroacoustics
• Account Management: Technical Account Manager or Sales Executive
• Technical & Marketing Management: Application Management, Product Management
Exa is a customer driven company that requires dedicated entrepreneurial individuals with the talent and flexibility to accomplish its aggressive goals. If you are an ambitious team player with keen technical skills and a desire to continue learning new technologies, while working in a fast paced environment, this may be the place for you!
• MS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
• 4+ years experience in automotive or commercial vehicle product development using analysis or testing to guide product design
• Demonstrated team orientation and project management skills
• Solid knowledge of fluid dynamic fundamentals.
• Outstanding English communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a team of experienced professionals.
• Willingness to travel (up to 25% domestic).
Additional Skills (Optional):
• Experience with optimization methods and Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Experience with commercial CFD (computational fluid dynamics) software is a plus
• Experience with common CAD (computer aided design) or Geometry Tools is a plus.
• Familiarity with other CAE (computer aided engineering) applications
Exa offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Senior Application Engineers are eligible for a full base salary and additional variable compensation based on team and territory revenue performance. Benefits include company stock, comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: Senior Application Engineer in the Subject line.
55 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
38777 Six Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48152
Mechanical, thermal, acoustics, aeroacoustics, aerodynamics, aerospace, engineering, engineer, computer aided engineering, CAE, computational fluid dynamics, CFD, CAD, Geometry, tools, fluid mechanics, product design, test, experiments, wind tunnel, dynamometer, chassis dynamometer, engine, analysis, thermal management, under-hood cooling, heat exchangers, systems, powertrain, NVH, climate control, HVAC, automotive, construction, agricultural, equipment, defense, military, heavy truck, locomotive, rail, OEM, supplier, engine cooling, components, fans, heat exchangers, analysis software, numerical simulation, modeling, system modeling, 1D, 3D, optimization, software, consulting, vibration, sound
Please No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants
How to apply:
Please apply by contacting us at the email address listed in the job description.
Attach your CV or resume to your email and it will be submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Feel free to apply for multiple positions if you are interested and qualified.
Thank you for your interest in Exa Corporation!