Livonia, MI, or Burlington, MA USA
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this new position, the goal for the Director, Structural Dynamics Applications is to lead Exa’s development and deployment of structural dynamics and fluid structure interactions (FSI) application within the ground transportation industries.
The main objective of an Applications Director at Exa is to drive application development and deployment, and success will be measured by deployment growth in the respective application areas.
Main responsibilities of this position include:
• Develop and manage structural dynamics and fluid structure interactions application development plan
• Manage team of technical specialists in the structural dynamics & fluid structure interactions group
• Being the lead representative for Exa’s customers and partners for structural dynamics and fluid structure interaction application in the ground transportation industries:
o Develop and maintain high-level sales presentations and marketing material summarizing PowerFLOW’s structural dynamics simulation capabilities
o Understand and analyze current processes customers employ for structural dynamics development, and suggest changes and improvements to maximize the benefit the customer can derive from PowerFLOW simulations
o Manage partnerships with suppliers of related CAE tools
• Being the lead representative (internal) for structural dynamics & fluid structure interactions applications
o Provide feedback to Exa’s development team about customer needs and product requirements for structural dynamics & fluid structure interactions
o Coordinate validation activities with development team
o Sign-off on new releases for structural dynamics and fluid structure interaction test cases
• Management of Structural Dynamics and Fluid Structure Interaction Partnerships and Consortia
o Develop and maintain partnerships proposals and work plans
o Develop and maintain consortium work plans
o Communicate work plans, results, and other updates to partners and consortia members
o Organize consortium meetings
• Build relationships with academia and research institutions
o Identify suitable partners in universities and research organizations
o Build and maintain relationships with these partners
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Vice President, Ground Transportation Applications
LOCATION AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
The position will be located in one of Exa Corporation’s offices: Livonia, MI, or Burlington, MA (metro Boston) world headquarters.
Frequent travel (domestic and international, approximately 20%) will be required for this position. This includes:
• Customer visits (worldwide) to present results and best practices, to perform customer process audits, to participate in experimental activities, etc. In general, these visits will be carried out together with members of Exa’s local sales teams.
• Participation in internal company events such as sales meetings, trainings, etc.
• Minimum Dipl.-Ing., M.S., Ph.D. or equivalent in an engineering discipline with a minimum of 7 years experience in a position related to structural dynamics in the ground transportation industries.
• Experience in the use of CAE (FEM, CFD) tools related to solid modeling
• Extensive technical background and experience in solid modeling
• Management experience as a group or department leader
PERSONAL PROFILE/VALUE PROPOSITION:
We are looking for a highly motivated, independent and goal oriented self-starter. She or he must be people oriented and able to interact with various levels within an organization, both internally at Exa and externally with customers and partners. This position offers the opportunity for high visibility and leadership in a young, growing and dynamic organization with a very attractive salary and a significant performance-based bonus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Exa offers competitive compensation, stock options and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations, holidays and flexible work schedule.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title: Director, Structural Dynamics Applications in the Subject line.
38777 Six Mile Road, Suite 210
Livonia, MI 48152
55 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Key Words: CFD, CAE, CAD, UNIX, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, computational fluid mechanics, scripting, Automotive, motorsport, aerodynamics, aeroacoustics, geometry processing, meshing, acoustics, computer aided engineering, geometry, product design, experiments, wind tunnel, analysis, NVH, climate control, HVAC, automotive, OEM, supplier, numerical simulation, modeling.
Please No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants
How to apply:
Please apply by contacting us at the email address listed in the job description.
Attach your CV or resume to your email and it will be submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Feel free to apply for multiple positions if you are interested and qualified.
Thank you for your interest in Exa Corporation!