Burlington, MA & Livonia, MI
Exa Corporation (NASDAQ: EXA) continues to expand and is actively hiring entry-level engineers to join our growing team to support customers in the heavy vehicle industries. We are particularly interested in candidates that have the drive and ability to work directly with major OEM customers to solve challenging aerodynamic and thermal design problems using Exa’s industry-leading simulation software.
As an Application Engineer on the Heavy Vehicle North American Team you will have the opportunity to develop your technical and client management skills for a successful career at Exa. Primary responsibilities include:
• Consulting Service Projects: Become an expert in Exa’s PowerFLOW software to develop and present strong technical analysis and design recommendations to clients with real-world problems.
• Pre-Sales Support: Work cooperatively with the technical and sales team on “Proof-of-Concept” projects to demonstrate value and build confidence for new customer applications.
• Customer Support: Provide training expertise and use of best practices for heavy vehicle applications to support customers, while providing feedback to Exa’s product and application management teams.
Heavy Vehicle Industries:
• Agricultural Machinery
• Construction Equipment
• Locomotive / Rail
• Specialty Vehicles
The Application Engineer position provides an excellent foundation for rewarding work and significant career advancement. Career tracks can include:
• Technical Specialist: Aerodynamics, Thermal Management, Aeroacoustics
• Account Management: Technical Account Manager or Sales Executive
• Technical & Marketing Management: Application Management, Product Management
Exa is a customer driven company that requires dedicated entrepreneurial individuals with the talent and flexibility to accomplish its aggressive goals. If you are an ambitious team player with keen technical skills and a desire to continue learning new technologies, while working in a fast paced environment, this may be the place for you!
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering – emphasis on machine engine design, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
• Strong background and interest in thermo-sciences and engineering analysis
• Solid knowledge of fluid dynamic fundamentals
• Outstanding English communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational, project, and time management skills
• Strong desire for continuous learning
• Willingness to travel (US domestic ~10%) after training
• Working knowledge of diesel engine and powertrain cooling systems
• Familiarity of agricultural and/or construction products
• Familiarity with Unix environment and scripting
• Experience with common CAD or CAE Tools is a plus
Exa offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Application Engineers are eligible for a full base salary and additional variable compensation based on team and territory revenue performance. Benefits include company stock, comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays.
To Apply: For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: Application Engineer in the Subject line.
38777 Six Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48152
55 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Mechanical, thermal, acoustics, aeroacoustics, aerodynamics, aerospace, engineering, engineer, computer aided engineering, CAE, computational fluid dynamics, CFD, CAD, Geometry, tools, fluid mechanics, product design, test, experiments, wind tunnel, dynamometer, chassis dynamometer, engine, analysis, thermal management, under-hood cooling, heat exchangers, systems, powertrain, NVH, climate control, HVAC, automotive, construction, agricultural, equipment, defense, military, heavy truck, locomotive, rail, OEM, supplier, engine cooling, components, fans, heat exchangers, analysis software, numerical simulation, modeling, system modeling, 1D, 3D, optimization, software, consulting, vibration, sound
Please No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants
Exa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Please apply by contacting us at the email address listed in the job description.
Attach your CV or resume to your email and it will be submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Feel free to apply for multiple positions if you are interested and qualified.
Thank you for your interest in Exa Corporation!