Burlington, MA & Livonia, MI
****INTERNSHIP: 6 – 9 Months 40 hours/wk
Exa Corporation is seeking multiple MSME engineering students to fill application engineering internships in our Burlington (Metro Boston), MA and Livonia (Detroit), MI location. You will report directly to an Application Engineer working in the Heavy Vehicle North America Group. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in the areas of thermal management, aerodynamics, and aeroacoustics.
As an Application Engineer Intern you will:
• Assist Lead Application Engineer in modeling real-world fluid problems in the heavy vehicle industry including engine cooling, external aerodynamics, splash and spray, air-intake systems, etc.
• Gain extensive experience with commercial CFD pre & post-processing software.
• Develop new design concepts/parts based on analysis of simulation results.
• Generate advanced visualization of client results.
• Research specific client problems and present to Application Engineering team.
**The successful candidates will be driven for excellence, have high aptitude and be willing to work independently. This position offers tremendous opportunity to learn as much as you are capable of handling – from the initial learning curve to working directly on customer cases.**
• Enrolled in MS program in ME, CFD, Aerodynamics, Physics or equivalent (recent graduates will be considered).
• Course/lab experience using CAE Tools.
• Strong interest and solid knowledge of fluid dynamic fundamentals.
• UNIX Skills, Script programming and experience with complex graphics tools.
• Strong desire for continuous learning.
• Strong English written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously.
Exa is a customer driven company that requires dedicated entrepreneurial individuals with the talent and flexibility to accomplish its aggressive goals. If you are an ambitious team player with keen technical skills and a desire to continue learning new technologies, while working in a fast paced environment, this may be the place for you.
Start Date: Flexible Winter-Spring-Summer-Fall (6 to 9 months)
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title: AE Intern in the Subject line.
55 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Please No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants
How to apply:
Please apply by contacting us at the email address listed in the job description.
Attach your CV or resume to your email and it will be submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Feel free to apply for multiple positions if you are interested and qualified.
Thank you for your interest in Exa Corporation!