Brisbane, CA (Metro San Francisco)
6 Months (40 hours/week on site)
Exa Corporation seeks an MS or PhD student in Mechanical Engineering for a full time six (6) month internship position at Exa ‘s Brisbane, CA location (metro San Francisco). You will report directly to a Senior Application Engineer working in the Aeroacoustics Applications Management team. Our team is responsible for developing and deploying PowerFLOW simulation solutions for aeroacoustics applications across a variety of industries worldwide with an emphasis on ground transportation. This position offers the opportunity to contribute to the development of advanced aeroacoustics post-processing tools and analysis techniques related to flow-induced noise problems.
As an Aeroacoustics intern you will:
• Assist a Senior Application Engineer in modeling flow-induced noise mechanisms
• Be involved in complex and innovative simulation methodology developments and detailed validation studies
• Gain extensive experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Computational Aeroacoustics (CAA) pre- and post-processing software.
• Interact with the development team for product testing of new capabilities, and prototype development for new or enhanced functionality.
• Collaborate with the Aeroacoustics Application Team and eventually field teams to deploy new analyses methods.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
• Enrolled in an MS or PhD program in Mechanical Engineering, Aerodynamics or related Engineering discipline (recent graduates will be considered)
• Solid knowledge of fluid dynamics (CFD) and aeroacoustics fundamentals (CAA)
• Course/lab experience using CAE Tools
• Good knowledge of Unix and Python
• Experience with OOC and MVC concepts are a plus
• Experience with 3-D visualization and C++ are a plus
• Problem-solving and organizational skills
• Strong English written/oral communication and presentation skills
The successful candidate will be quality focused and able to work independently. If you are an ambitious team player with strong skills and a desire to continue learning new technologies while working in a fast paced environment, this may be the place for you.
TO APPLY: Local candidates are encouraged to apply. For immediate consideration, please send your resume with Job Title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
150 North Hill Drive
Brisbane, CA 94005
Key Words: Mechanical engineer, aerodynamics, aeroacoustics, CFD, CAA, computational fluid dynamics, computational, UNIX, Python, 3 D visualization, C++
Please No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants
How to apply:
Please apply by contacting us at the email address listed in the job description.
Attach your CV or resume to your email and it will be submitted directly to the hiring manager.
Feel free to apply for multiple positions if you are interested and qualified.
Thank you for your interest in Exa Corporation!